You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 129079  

Print Page

© Mr Anthony Rau

IoE Number: 129079
Location: THE OLD RECTORY, CHURCH STREET (west side)
Photographer: Mr Anthony Rau
Date Photographed: 11 April 2004
Date listed: 04 June 1952
Date of last amendment: 04 July 1985
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SU 19 NWMAISEYHAMPTONCHURCH STREET(west side)7/237Meysey HamptonNo 15

SU 19 NW MAISEYHAMPTON CHURCH STREET (west side) 7/237 Meysey Hampton No 15 (formerly included with 4.6.52 The Old Rectory) GV II Former wing of the Old Rectory with single connecting door (now removed), converted to separate semi-detached house. Mid/late C19, possibly c1872 by James Brooks, contemporary with restoration of Church of St Mary the Virgin (q.v.). Coursed and dressed rubble stone with flush quoins, stone slate roof with scattered large stepped ashlar stacks with polygonal flues, some grouped with offsets and decorative arch motifs to ends. Squarish range of 2 storeys and attic. Main front to south continues restored style of adjacent Old Rectory. One large gable with single stone framed light in gable, short 4-light and 2-light stone mullion and transoms with square hoodmould on first floor, and 2 similar 4- light on ground floor. Main entrance on roadside, to right of corbelled out rear corner. Additional entrance in projecting section to rear.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.