You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 156536  

Print Page



© Mr Chris Woodgates

IoE Number: 156536
Location: THE MANOR HOUSE, 24 DROITWICH ROAD (north side)
  FECKENHAM, REDDITCH, WORCESTERSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Chris Woodgates
Date Photographed: 30 June 2001
Date listed: 10 April 1954
Date of last amendment: 28 November 1986
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

REDDITCH BDROITWICH ROAD (north side)SP 0061 - 01619/60The Minor (formerly listedas No 24 The Manor House)10.4.54

REDDITCH B DROITWICH ROAD (north side) SP 0061 - 0161 9/60 The Minor (formerly listed as No 24 The Manor House) 10.4.54 GV II* House. Late C16, remodelled c1730 with mid-C19 alterations and additions. Brick with ashlar dressings and partly hipped plain tiled roofs with parapets to rear gables and brick ridge stacks. Two storeys, cellar and attic with dormers; moulded plinth band, string above window heads of-both main storeys of front elevation and two-course brick bands similarly situated in side elevations; bracketed timber eaves cornice. Five bays with rusticated end quoins; windows have gauged flat heads with plain keyblocks and moulded stone sills; all windows are 4-pane sashes, three hipped dormers with 6- pane windows; central entrance has a projecting open-pediment, entablature and engaged Doric columns, within is a 4-panelled door and traceried fanlight. Interior: large moulded ceiling beams to rear of house; room to front right and rear left have large and elaborately detailed Jacobean chimneypieces; central hall retains its C18 dog-leg staircase with moulded handrail and turned balusters; room to front left retains its C18 panelling including panelled round-headed niche to right of fireplace. C19 domestic wing added to rear right. The date "1730". is written on a rainwater hopper head at the rear of the building. The house originally belonged to the Throckmorton family.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.