You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 164781  

Print Page



© Mr Gareth Parry LRPS

IoE Number: 164781
Location: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH ROAD (east side)
  NORTH FERRIBY, EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE, EAST YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Gareth Parry LRPS
Date Photographed: 17 September 1999
Date listed: 07 February 1968
Date of last amendment: 07 February 1968
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

NORTH FERRIBYCHURCH ROADSE 92 NE(east side)6/23Church of All Saints7.2.68

NORTH FERRIBY CHURCH ROAD SE 92 NE (east side) 6/23 Church of All Saints 7.2.68 GV II Church. 1845-8. By J L Pearson. Coursed oolitic limestone rubble with freestone dressings and graduated slate roofs. Geometrical style. 3-stage west tower with broach spire, 4-bay aisled nave with north and south porches, 2-bay chancel with north vestry. Tower: moulded plinth and angle buttresses up to bell stage. Lancet with geometrical tracery to ringing chamber. String course, pointed 2-light belfry opening with geometrical tracery under a hoodmould with face stops. Parapet with small blank quatrefoils and grotesques to corners. Broach spire with 2-light lucarnes filled with geometrical tracery under gablets with poppy-head finials. Cross finial. South aisle: diagonal buttresses, 3 two-light pointed windows with geometrical tracery under hoodmoulds with face and foliage stops. South porch: pointed door under hoodmould with face stops. Raised coped gable on kneelers enriched with foliage carving. Cross finial. 4 triple lancet windows under running hoodmoulds to clerestory. Raised coped gable with cross finial on kneelers with gablets. Chancel: gableted angle buttresses. Central pointed priests' door of 2 moulded orders, the outer oil nook-shafts under a running hoodmould and gablet with beast stops. To left is a large 2-light pointed window with geometrical tracery under a hoodmould with carved stops; to right, a similar, smaller window. Pointed 5-light east window with geometrical tracery under a hoodmould with monarch stops. Similar fenestration to north side of church. Interior: north and south arcades of 4 double-chamfered arches on alternating cylindrical and octagonal piers. Pointed double-chamfered tower arch. Pointed double- chamfered chancel arch on responds with attached shafts. In north-east corner of the chancel is a memorial to Luke Livingstone, died 1713, and his wife Elizabeth: chest on moulded plinth: 2 panels (one for each inscription) to chest. Shallow cornice. Full-sized effigies kneeling in prayer: Mrs Livingstone looks up to the heavens while her husband looks at her. Behind, pilasters with dosserets support a scrolled pediment containing a coat of arms. Octagonal font with sunk quatrefoils and shields with religious emblems and floral bosses. Cylindrical pier ringed with 8 marble colonnettes on a cushion base.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.