You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 166467  

Print Page



© Mr Terry Dawson LRPS

IoE Number: 166467
Location: CHURCH OF ST PETER, B1238 (south off)
  BILTON, EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE, EAST YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Terry Dawson LRPS
Date Photographed: 10 October 1999
Date listed: 06 July 1987
Date of last amendment: 06 July 1987
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

BILTONB1238HUMBERSIDEHOLDERNESS5266TA 13 SE

BILTON B1238 HUMBERSIDE HOLDERNESS 5266 TA 13 SE (south side, off) 6/9 Church of Saint Peter IT Church. 1852. By G T Andrews for the Hon Lydia Dawnay. Early English style. Ashlar with graduated stone slate roof. Double bell-cote to west end, 4-bay nave and 2-bay chancel in one; south porch and north vestry. Nave: moulded plinth, buttresses with offsets. Lancet windows, with florets to apex, under hood-moulds. Pointed south door with continuous roll moulding. Porch: south door of 2 orders with nook-shafts and pointed arch with keel mouldings and dogtooth under coped gable. West bell-cote: 2 pointed openings under chamfered pointed arch with plate tracery. Coped gable. East end: twin lancets, coped gable. Interior: octagonal font with 4 attached columns on waterholding bases: basin with trefoils and nailhead: panel depicting baptism of Christ. Scissor-braced common rafter roof.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.