You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 166847  

Print Page



© Mr Les Waby

IoE Number: 166847
Location: CHURCH OF ST JAMES,
  WOLD NEWTON, EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE, EAST YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Les Waby
Date Photographed: 01 July 2002
Date listed: 30 June 1966
Date of last amendment: 30 June 1966
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TA 07 NWWOLD NEWTONFORDON1/77Church of St James30.6.66-II *

TA 07 NW WOLD NEWTON FORDON 1/77 Church of St James 30.6.66 - II * Church. C12, 1768, restored 1876, 1923. Coursed squared rubble, red and yellow brick, pantiled roof. 2-bay nave with west bellcote, 2-bay chancel. Nave has low chamfered plinth to south and west, high chamfered plinth to north. South door with segmental head and semicircular hood-mould with imposts. Datestone over 1768. South window with pointed brick head and C20 glazing. Coped gables with kneelers. Lower chancel has 2-light pointed east window with Geometrical tracery. Stepped brick eaves cornice, raised coped gable with kneelers. Interior has reset C12 responds with scallop capitals in chancel, late C12 base with stiff-leaf foliage to C19 font. This is said to be the smallest church in the county.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.