You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 167008  

Print Page



© Mr Les Waby

IoE Number: 167008
Location: CHURCH OF SAINT JAMES, B1246 (north side)
  WARTER, EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE, EAST YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Les Waby
Date Photographed: 08 October 2006
Date listed: 26 January 1967
Date of last amendment: 26 January 1967
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SE 85 SEWARTERB1246(north side)6/38Church of Saint James

SE 85 SE WARTER B1246 (north side) 6/38 Church of Saint James 26.1.67 II Church. 1862, by Habershon and Pite. Small ashlar, plain tile roof. West tower with broach spire, 5-bay nave with south porch, one-bay chancel with polygonal apse and north vestry. Late C13 style. West tower: moulded plinth, angle buttresses with gablets and offsets, moulded string-courses. 2-light belfry openings with tracery in Geometrical style under stopped hoodmoulds. 2-light lucarnes. Nave: pointed window without tracery to east, all other windows with tracery in Geometrical style. Hoodmoulds with foliated stops throughout. Pointed south door with continuous mouldings under hoodmould with leaf-stops. Chancel: 2-light windows with varying tracery in Geometrical style under hoodmoulds with foliated stops. Interior contains recumbent effigy, by Frampton, of Mrs. Wilson, died 1905.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.