You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 167623  

Print Page



© Mrs Janet Roworth LRPS

IoE Number: 167623
Location: CHURCH OF SAINT BOTOLPH, MAIN STREET
  ALLERTHORPE, EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE, EAST YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Mrs Janet Roworth LRPS
Date Photographed: 31 May 2002
Date listed: 14 April 1987
Date of last amendment: 14 April 1987
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ALLERTHORPEMAIN STREETSE 74 NE(south side)5/2Church of Saint Botolph

ALLERTHORPE MAIN STREET SE 74 NE (south side) 5/2 Church of Saint Botolph - II Church. 1876, by J B and W Atkinson, in Gothic revival style. Rubble with freestone dressings, graduated slate roof. West bell-turret, 3-bay nave and 2-bay chancel. Nave: buttresses with offsets. Pointed door with continuous mouldings to left. 2 square-headed 2-light windows with tracery in Perpendicular style. Raised coped gables, cross finial. Octagonal bell turret corbelled out over mid-wall buttress to west elevation. Square- headed cusped belfry openings to cardinal faces brattished cornice, and short spire with lucarnes. Poppy-head finial. Chancel: plinth, buttresses with offsets. 2-light pointed window with curvilinear tracery under hood- mould to left, lancet under hood-mould to right. 3-light pointed east window with curvilinear tracery under hood-mould. Raised coped gables, cross finial.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.