You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 167805  

Print Page



© Mr Les Waby

IoE Number: 167805
Location: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CHURCH LANE (north side)
  ULROME, EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE, EAST YORKSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Les Waby
Date Photographed: 20 February 2007
Date listed: 30 June 1966
Date of last amendment: 30 June 1966
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

ULROMECHURCH LANETA 15 NE30.6.66(north side, off)8/50Church of St Andrew

ULROME CHURCH LANE TA 15 NE 30.6.66 (north side, off) 8/50 Church of St Andrew II Church. Medieval origins to tower and one reused C15 window otherwise 1876-7 by Armfield and Bottomley. Rubble with brick and ashlar dressings and Welsh slate roof. 2-stage west tower, 4-bay nave with south porch, 2- bay chancel with single-bay north vestry. Tower has round-arched openings to first stage; band; second stage has twin-light pointed bell openings in round-arched surrounds to each side. String course and low parapet. Pyramidal roof. Nave: wooden south porch on plinth. Within a board door with pointed chamfered surround and quoined jambs. Pointed lancets throughout. Stone copings with a large finial. Chancel: south side has 2 lancets; north side has vestry and reused twin-light, straight-headed Perpendicular window; east end has 3-light pointed window with geometric- type tracery to head. Stone copings with ridge cross. Decorative brick bands to nave and chancel. Plain interior has pointed double-chamfered chancel arch on corbels of short pairs of columns with foliate capitals. Reused medieval tub font on octagonal base. Pevnser N, Yorkshire, York and the East Riding, 1972, p 358.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.