You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 177337  

Print Page



©  Norman Wigg

IoE Number: 177337
Location: CHURCH OF ST CLEMENT, CHURCH STREET ST CLEMENT'S (south side)
  SANDWICH, DOVER, KENT
Photographer: Norman Wigg
Date Photographed: 01 January 2003
Date listed: 19 May 1950
Date of last amendment: 19 May 1950
Grade A

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

5275CHURCH STREET ST CLEMENT'S(South Side)Church of St ClementTR 3358 1/161

1. 5275 CHURCH STREET ST CLEMENT'S (South Side) Church of St Clement TR 3358 1/161 TR 3357 NW 2/161 19.5.50. A 2. This is now the parish church. It dates from the latter half of the C12, but only the fine central tower with its internal and external arcading remains from this period. The Chancel dates from the C13, the north and south chapels from the C14 and the Nave, with its "flat roof" and angel bosses from the C15. The choir stalls are also C15. There are several memorials of note of various periods.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.