You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 188535  

Print Page



© Mr Brian Arnold

IoE Number: 188535
Location: CHURCH OF ST PHILIP AND JAMES, MARKFIELD ROAD (north east side)
  GROBY, HINCKLEY AND BOSWORTH, LEICESTERSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Brian Arnold
Date Photographed: 11 January 2001
Date listed: 28 February 1991
Date of last amendment: 28 February 1991
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

GROBYMARKFIELD ROADSK 50 NW(north east side)4/28Church of St Philipand James

GROBY MARKFIELD ROAD SK 50 NW (north east side) 4/28 Church of St Philip and James G.V. II Parish Church. 1840 and 1912. By W. Railton and H.F.Trayler. Random coursed Mountsorrel granite, sandstone ashlar dressings, Swithland slate roofs. Western tower, nave and chancel. Small West tower of 3 stages has stepped angle buttresses, chamfered string courses and an embattled parapet. To the belfry stage are single narrow pointed louvred lights to each direction. The side walls of the nave have pairs of lancets and the chancel added in 1912 has 2 light cusped traceried windows in moulded and pointed surrounds. The gabled south porch has a plain pointed outer arch. Interior has moulded and pointed chancel arch and a softwood western gallery. All fittings are C19.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.