You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 193720  

Print Page



© Mr Brian Harris

IoE Number: 193720
Location: THE RIVERSIDE CLUB, ST MARY'S HILL (west side)
  STAMFORD, SOUTH KESTEVEN, LINCOLNSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Brian Harris
Date Photographed: 12 February 2003
Date listed: 26 April 1974
Date of last amendment: 26 April 1974
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

1671ST MARY'S HILL(West Side)The Riverside ClubTF 0306 1/500IIGV

1. 1671 ST MARY'S HILL (West Side) The Riverside Club TF 0306 1/500 II GV 2. 1849. Architect, Edward B owning. 2 storeys in small coursed rubble with stone dressings and quoins. Banded in stone, Stone slate roof with stone capped gable ends. Centre gabled, with finial, and 1 window of 2 lights under moulded label. Moulded string between storeys continues head of canted oriel, which has 4 lancet lights below a stone roof. Plinth of heavy stone blocks projects to support oriel. 4-centred door in stone surround, Date below moulded label. Chimneys with crenellated tops. Rear portion, now a club, is earlier, built as a warehouse. 2 storeys and attics. Carriage doors. Various windows under wood lintels. River elevation has 3 C19 semi-dormers with cusped lunettes in gables, and 2 dormers with casements to right. Coursed rubble. New roof of stone slates. Visually important from the St Martin's approach to the town. Forms one composition with the bridge, St Martin's and with No 4.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.