You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 196056  

Print Page



© Mr Brian Harris

IoE Number: 196056
Location: THWAITE HALL, HANBY LANE (west off)
  WELTON LE MARSH, EAST LINDSEY, LINCOLNSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Brian Harris
Date Photographed: 10 November 2001
Date listed: 30 April 1987
Date of last amendment: 30 April 1987
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TF 46 NEWELTON LE MARSHoff HANBY LANE(west side)5/55Thwaite Hall

TF 46 NE WELTON LE MARSH off HANBY LANE (west side) 5/55 Thwaite Hall II Part of former Augustinian Priory, with attached cottage, now house. C14, C18 addition, with C20 alterations. Coursed squared chalk, red brick, pantile roofs, stone coped gables. 2 storey, single bay front with plinth, central planked door with pointed arched head. To left a small planked opening. To first floor a planked doorway. In the left gable a 6 glazing bar light with medieval arch over. In the brick tympanum a carved human head and datestone "WM 1739", possibly the date of the attached C18 cottage at the rear, in red brick, with pantile roof having brick coped tumbled gables and stacks. 2 storey, 3 bay front with central panelled door covered by C19 gabled wooden porch, flanked by single glazing bar sashes in wider segmental headed openings. To first floor are 3 glazing bar sashes to eaves. Interior has 2 re-used ovolo moulded girders. An Augustinian Priory was recorded here in 1440.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.