© Mr Anthony Rau
REMAINS OF CHURCH OF ST OLAVE, OLD JEWRY, IRONMONGER LANE EC2 (east side)
CITY OF LONDON, CITY OF LONDON, GREATER LONDON
Mr Anthony Rau
15 March 2007
04 January 1950
Date of last amendment:
10 November 1977
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
IRONMONGER LANE EC2
Tower of former Church of
St Olave (Formerly listed
as remains of church of
St Olave, Old Jewry)
TQ 3281 SE 10/263 4.1.50.
1670-79, by Wren. Body of church destroyed 1888 except for part of west wall.
Tower is of Portland stone with engaged Doric columns and segmental pediment to
doorway. Arched windows above and pedimented clock face (disused). Belfry openings
blocked and side windows altered. Modillion cornice, plain parapet and 4 obelisks.