You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 199561  

Print Page

© Mr Paul Howard LRPS

IoE Number: 199561
Photographer: Mr Paul Howard LRPS
Date Photographed: 21 July 2002
Date listed: 05 June 1972
Date of last amendment: 18 September 1978
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

In the entry for: KING WILLIAM STREET EC4 16/426 (West Side) Fishmonger's Hall King William Street shall be amended to read London Bridge ------------------------------------ KING WILLIAM STREET EC4 1. 5002 (West Side) Fishmongers' Hall TQ 3280 NE 16/426 5.6.72. II* 2. 1831 to 34, by Henry Roberts and George Gilbert Scott. Prominent, detached building in Greek revival style. 2 main storeys in Portland stone, with order of Ionic columns and pilasters. Double basement of granite below level of London Bridge. Principal basement windows arched with arcade supporting balustraded terrace to river front. Above is 6 columned portico, its pediment rising through balustrade crowning entablature. Pair of columns in antis, to entrance, with modelled attic above, incorporating coat of arms. Granite balustrade to area with pair of cast iron lamp standards at entrance. Plain irregular rear of brick, partly rendered. Interior partly reconstructed in facsimile and a little altered after damage in World War II. Fine entrance hall with Doric colonnade, double branching staircase, 1st floor court room, dining room and banqueting hall etc. Scheduled AM.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.