You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 200594  

Print Page



© Mr Mark Berry

IoE Number: 200594
Location: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CHURCH WALK (east side)
  ENFIELD, ENFIELD, GREATER LONDON
Photographer: Mr Mark Berry
Date Photographed: 19 June 2001
Date listed: 19 March 1951
Date of last amendment: 10 December 1975
Grade B

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

1. 4411 CHURCH WALK (East Side) Church of St Andrew TQ 3296 7/107 19.3.51 B 2. Parish Church. Nave, aisles, South porch, West tower, Chancel and chapels which are continuations of the nave aisles. Some C13 masonry in chancel. Nave, choir and tower late C14, all of random rubble with some flint. Early C16 clerestory. North aisle C14. South aisle rebuilt in 1824 in red brick. Whole building battlemented, much of it in the red brick of 1824. Stone dressings. Red brick repairs to East end also. Inside a gallery at West holds fine organ case of 1752. Many monuments, including a large brass to Lady Tiptoft, d 1446, a tall monument with reclining figures to Sir Nicholas Raynton, Lord Mayor of London d 1646 and a cartouche to Martha Palmer by Nicholas Stone, 1617. Many handsome C18 and Early C19 tombs in churchyard. Church of St Andrews shall be amended to read Enfield Parish Church (Church of St Andrew) ------------------------------------ 1. 4411 CHURCH WALK (East Side ) Church of St Andrew TQ 3296 7/107 19.3.51. B 2. Parish Church. Nave, aisles, South porch, West tower, Chancel and chapels which are continuations of the nave aisles. Some C13 masonry in chancel. Nave, choir and tower late C14, all of random rubble with some flint. Early C16 clerestory. North aisle C14. South aisle rebuilt in 1824 in red brick. Whole building battle-- mented, much of it in the red brick of 1824. Stone dressings. Red brick repairs to East end also. Inside a gallery at West holds fine organ case of 1752. Many monuments, including a large brass to Lady Tiptoft, d 1446, a tall monument with reclining figures to Sir Nicholas Raynton, Lord Mayor of London d 1646 and a cartouche to Martha Palmer by Nicholas Stone, 1617. Many handsome C18 and Early C19 tombs in churchyard.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.