You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 201735  

Print Page



©  Peter Fuller

IoE Number: 201735
Location: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, SHEPHERDESS WALK (west side)
  HACKNEY, HACKNEY, GREATER LONDON
Photographer: Peter Fuller
Date Photographed: 10 November 2000
Date listed: 03 January 1950
Date of last amendment: 04 February 1975
Grade C

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

1.BLETCHLEY STREET N5013(West Side)------------------Church of Holy Trinity

1. BLETCHLEY STREET N 5013 (West Side) ------------------ Church of Holy Trinity (Formerly listed under Shepherdess Walk) TQ 3283 29/67 3.1.50. C 2. 1848 by W Railton. Nave and aisles, square south-west tower of 3 stages with stone spire. Coursed rubble with freestone dressings and high pitched slated roof. C 3 style with lancets including a stepped group of 3 at west end, partly blocked, and paired lancets in clerestory and aisles. 4-bay nave with high arcade on octagonal piers and arch-braced roof. West organ gallery. Vaulted sanctuary. Pleasant iron rails flanking chancel. Late C17 carved pulpit from the Church of St Mary Somersett, upper Thames Street, now demolished. Good wrought iron gates to baptistery in base of tower.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.