© Mr Adam Watson
MANOR FARM BARN (TO WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY), HIGH STREET (north side)
HAYES, HILLINGDON, GREATER LONDON
Mr Adam Watson
17 December 2001
01 March 1950
Date of last amendment:
06 September 1974
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
5018 HIGH STREET
Manor Farm Barn
(To West of Church of St Mary)
(Formerly listed as harmondSworth
Tithe Barn, Manor Farm)
tq 0577 NE 34/236 1.3.50.
Late mediaeval timber framed aisled barn of 12 bays. Roof has braceless crown
posts supporting collar beam without collar purlin. Also side purlins with
wind braces. Curved braces to aisles. Foundations of flint rubble laced with
brick. Main posts rest on large stone piers. Exterior weatherboarded with
hipped tiled roof. An exceptional barn both for size and quality; it belonged
to the Abbey of Winchester. Ancient Monument.