You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 203403  

Print Page



© Mr Stephen Richards

IoE Number: 203403
Location: CHURCH OF ST JOHN, ST JOHN'S VALE SE8
  CATFORD, LEWISHAM, GREATER LONDON
Photographer: Mr Stephen Richards
Date Photographed: 01 July 2007
Date listed: 05 July 1950
Date of last amendment: 12 March 1973
Grade C

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

14424ST JOHN'S VALE SE8Church of St. JohnTQ 3776 8/D15.7.50.

1 4424 ST JOHN'S VALE SE8 Church of St. John TQ 3776 8/D1 5.7.50. C 2. 1854 by Philip Hardwick. Nave, aisles, chancels with shorter aisles, South-west tower of 3 stages with angles buttresses. Stone broach spire. Snecked, random rubble, freestone dressings, Decorated Gothic style. Inside 4-bay nave with additional short West bay. High arcade on round piers. Very high arch to 2-bay chancel. Gallery at West End, formerly held organ. Now organ chamber in North chancel aisle, Lady Chapel in South. Later galleries over North and South aisles. Decorative carved stone reredos. Original pews. Church built with money donated by Miss Angela (later Baroness) Burdett Coutts.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.