You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 203685  

Print Page

©  Peter Karry ARPS

IoE Number: 203685
Photographer: Peter Karry ARPS
Date Photographed: 09 September 2001
Date listed: 24 June 1954
Date of last amendment: 24 June 1954
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TQ 2677 SECHEYNE WALK SW368/1524.6.54Nos 96 to 101 (inclusive)(Lindsey House)

TQ 2677 SE CHEYNE WALK SW3 68/15 24.6.54 Nos 96 to 101 (inclusive) (Lindsey House) II* Probably rebuilt as Lindsey House in 1674 but altered and divided into separate houses in 1775. Three storeys and dormers. Two windows each (No 98 - 3 windows). Stucco. Windows square-headed, almost flush frames. Glazing bars. Tiled mansard roof. Moulded wood eaves cornice. Bands at first and second floor. Rusticated quoins to Nos 95, 96, 98 and 100. No 98 has finely carved doorcase with split pediment, cast iron balconies on columns to first and second floor and balcony railing above cornice. No 100 - added late C19. 3 storeys, 3 window splay bay and covered entrance on forecourt resigned by George Devey. No 101 is similar and forms part of the group. No 96 has LCC tablet commemorating residence of J A M Whistler. No 98 to Mark and Isambard Brunel. (R.C.H.M. and Survey of London, Vol IV).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.