You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 205187  

Print Page



© Mr Christopher Strevens

IoE Number: 205187
Location: THE MANOR HOUSE (NOW FORMING PART OF THE JOHN INNES II SCHOOL), WATERY LANE (south side)
  MERTON, MERTON, GREATER LONDON
Photographer: Mr Christopher Strevens
Date Photographed: 03 September 1999
Date listed: 02 September 1988
Date of last amendment: 02 September 1988
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON WATERY LANE TQ 2469 (south side) 10/165 The Manor House (now forming, part of the John Innes - II School) Substantial detached house. Circa 1895-8. Designed by H G Quartermain. Stock brick, red brick patterning, stone dressings. Tiled pitched roof to eaves. 5 bay main block of 2 storeys plus corners; large gable to right. Entrance block to left, projecting slightly, gabled 2 storeys, 1 bay. Tudor arched entrance; oriel over. Square headed windows, 1 to 3 lights, mullioned and transomed casements. Second bay from left in main block has canted bay window. Plate glass, some leaded lights. Parapet (openwork). 3 gabled bargeboarded dormers, casements, glazing bars. Tall chimneys. Returns similar. GLC plaque commemorating residence of John Innes, founder of the John Innes Cultural Institution, 1829-1904. Listed mainly for historic interest.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.