You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 213517  

Print Page

© Mr John Riley

IoE Number: 213517
Photographer: Mr John Riley
Date Photographed: 26 February 2006
Date listed: 18 July 1966
Date of last amendment: 18 July 1966
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

TYLDESLEYELLIOTT STREETSD 60 SE(south side)2/48Tyldesley Chapel18/7/66

TYLDESLEY ELLIOTT STREET SD 60 SE (south side) 2/48 Tyldesley Chapel 18/7/66 G.V. II Chapel. 1789 for the Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion, now a Pentecostal church. Flemish bond brick. 3-sided gallery plan of 3 x 1 bays with a C20 addition to the (ritual) east. The gabled front has 2 panelled doors with moulded surrounds and flat hoods. Between them on each floor is an elementary Venetian window with leaded glass. The date is recorded in a roundel panel in the gable which is topped by a C19 bellcote. Bays 1 and 3 of the side elevations are slightly set back. Each bay has a window which was adapted from the Venetian type to a round-headed window in the C19. Coped parapet and gable. Blind Y-tracery window and gable pediment in brick relief to rear. Interior: the gallery is supported on timber columns. C19 organ chamber. Panelling of C20 and pews from elsewhere. The ceiling is plain.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.