You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 214150  

Print Page

© Mr Tony Myers

IoE Number: 214150
Photographer: Mr Tony Myers
Date Photographed: 09 November 1999
Date listed: 12 July 1966
Date of last amendment: 19 June 1985
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SJ 3390GEORGES PIER HEADL327/502Cunard Building12.7.66(formerly listed under

SJ 3390 GEORGES PIER HEAD L3 27/502 Cunard Building 12.7.66 (formerly listed under Pier Head) G.V. II* Office building. 1913-16. Willink and Thicknesse. Portland stone and 6 storeys. 9 bays, 17-bay returns. Ground floor and end bays with rustication. Ground floor battered with round-headed windows the centre bay projecting for the entrance, with carved animals as finials. 2nd floor windows have stone balustraded balconies. 3rd floor windows have cornices on brackets. Frieze above 4th floor. Top floor enriched with shields and drapery between windows, moulded frieze on modillions. Plain top parapet. Other facades similarly treated. 2 simple bronze lamp holders at entrances.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.