© Mr Mike Pollitt LRPS
CHURCH OF ST LUKE, ST LUKE'S CHURCH ROAD (west side)
FORMBY, SEFTON, MERSEYSIDE
Mr Mike Pollitt LRPS
06 September 1999
19 July 1966
Date of last amendment:
19 July 1966
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
FORMBY ST. LUKE'S CHURCH ROAD
SD 20 NE
2/44 Church of
19.7.66 St. Luke
Church. 1852-3. By. W. Culshaw. Rock-faced stone with
ashlar dressings and slate roof. Nave, transepts, chancel
and south porch. 5-bay nave has 2-light windows with
simple Geometrical tracery between weathered buttresses.
West front has window of 3 trefoil-headed lights with shafts
and segmental hood mould continued as drip mould.
Foundation stone below and rose window above. Diagonal
buttresses and bellcote. South porch has clasping
buttresses. Transepts have diagonal buttresses, 2-light
windows and louvred trefoils, that to north has east
entrance and chimney, that to south has east entrance with
window above. Chancel has parapet with quatrefoil
piercings, gabled angle buttresses and 3-light east window.
Interior has arch-braced collar trusses on corbels. Good
stained glass in west windows. Arches to transepts die into
jambs, north organ loft, south vestry. Brass altar rail.
Norman font, of simple form with cable moulding.