You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 216608  

Print Page



© Mr J Martin

IoE Number: 216608
Location: CHURCH OF ST JAMES, MERE GREEN ROAD (north side)
  SUTTON COLDFIELD, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Photographer: Mr J Martin
Date Photographed: 26 September 1999
Date listed: 26 August 1976
Date of last amendment: 26 August 1976
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SP 19 NW BIRMINGHAM MERE GREEN ROAD (north side) 2/115 Church of St James B The grade shall be amended to read II. ------------------------------------ 1. 5104 MERE GREEN ROAD (North Side) Church of St James SP 19 NW 2/115 B 2. Parish of St James before 1853, since renamed Parish of Hill. Main building, 1854-5 by D R Hill, has nave, west tower. Stone dressed cement rendering, lancet windows, buttresses, pinnacles to tower. Ashlar east end in Arts and Crafts Gothic, 1906-8 by C E Bateman. Elaborate painted and carved decoration. Ornate organ case. See The Builder, 1926, vol 131, pp 780-1.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.