© Mr R. J Wheeler LRPS
10 BYRON ROAD B10
BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Mr R. J Wheeler LRPS
14 February 2001
08 July 1982
Date of last amendment:
08 July 1982
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
Small Heath B10
SP 08 NE 7/22
Circa 1880-5 by Martin of Martin and Chamberlain. Master's house for Old
Know Lower School, see Waverley Road B10. Two storeys red brick with finely
modelled cut and moulded brick and terracotta dressings. Gable end tiled
roof with cresting tiles. Two gabled bays to school yard, the right set
back from left which has a 2 storey pyramid roofed canted bay window. Right
hand bay has first floor cusped arch window with decorative terracotta lunette.
Built out around floor with entrance, return to road gabled with external
chimney stack corbelled out to greater width in upper part of ground floor
and with terracotta panel as base to grouped shafts of square section turning
to circular with terracotta broach and crown. Narrow recessed gabled bay.
to left with narrow coupled ground floor window and cusped arch window to
first floor rising into terracotta work of gable.