You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 216921  

Print Page



© Mr Geoff Dowling ARPS

IoE Number: 216921
Location: MONUMENTS TO WILLIAM HODDINOTT, JANE BELLIS, CATHERINE CHAVASSE AND J A CHATWIN APPROXIMATELY 30 FEET NORTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW IN THE CHURCHYARD, CHURCH ROAD B15
  BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Photographer: Mr Geoff Dowling ARPS
Date Photographed: 15 August 2000
Date listed: 08 July 1982
Date of last amendment: 08 July 1982
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

CHURCH ROAD 1. 5104 Edgbaston B15 Monuments to William Hoddinott, Jane Bellis, Cathering Chavasse and J A Chatwin approx 30 ft nort-west of Church of St Bartholomew in the churchyard SP 0584 NE 49/13 II GV 2. Group of 3 interesting tombs of the 1840s and one of early C20, vix (1) William Hoddinott, deceased 1849, a Gothic tomb chest with quatrefoils in the side panels; (2) Mrs Jen Bellis, deceased 1843, by Jarvis of Edgbaston, a sarcophagus of Baroque type with big volutes at the corners and surmounted by an urn (3) Mrs Catherine M Chavasse, deceased 1842, concave-sided square with a shaped top carrying a flaming urn, (4) J A Chatwin (183O-1907), the architect, a stone tomb chest with cross-and-foilage pattern on top.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.