© Mr R. J Wheeler LRPS
18 DORA ROAD B10
BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Mr R. J Wheeler LRPS
27 January 2001
08 July 1982
Date of last amendment:
08 July 1982
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
Small Heath B10
SP 18 NW 8/6
Dated 1899, and built as vicarage to St Oswald's Church, architect W H Bidlake.
Good restrained Arts and Crafts design typical of Bidlake's domestic work.
L-plan 2 storeys and attic red brick with stone dressings, shallow flat band
over ground floor, the design dominated by a fine hipped tiled roof with deep
flat eaves on wrought iron brackets, steep pyramid hip over right hand break
of front. Small flat roofed leaded dormers. Lofty panelled subtly detailed
chimney stack to right. Flush stone mullioned windows, transomed on ground
floor with inner window butting the stone door frame in corner. The break
has a large mullion-transomed canted bay window on ground floor with hipped
tile roof. Leaded iron casements. Restrained interior with simple mouldings
and door furniture.