You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 217030  

Print Page



© Dr John Davis

IoE Number: 217030
Location: KING EDWARD'S SCHOOL CHAPEL, EDGBASTON PARK ROAD B15
  BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Photographer: Dr John Davis
Date Photographed: 16 August 2000
Date listed: 08 July 1982
Date of last amendment: 08 July 1982
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

EDGBASTON PARK ROAD5104EdgbastonB15King Edward's School ChapelSP 08 SE 12/22

EDGBASTON PARK ROAD 1. 5104 Edgbaston B15 King Edward's School Chapel SP 08 SE 12/22 II* 2. A rebuilding and renovation of 1938-40 by Holland W Hobbiss of the Upper Corridor linking the Grammar School and Library ranges of Barry's School in New Street of 1833-38. Brick with stone dressings; buttressed and with unusually broad battlements. Interior of 4 bays; 1 bay wide. Perpendicular in style and very convincingly so The walls with panelled tracery, more complex in the east bays than in the west. Four-light perpendicular windows, those on the north mostly with original stained glass. Lierne vault.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.