© Mr J J Sheridan LRPS
ST CLEARS, 79 FARQUHAR ROAD B15
BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Mr J J Sheridan LRPS
24 June 2001
08 July 1982
Date of last amendment:
08 July 1982
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
SP 08 SW 11/17
1914, for J E By W H Bidlake. In an Arts and Crafts style. Purple brick
with red brick and a minimum use of yellow stone and tile-hanging; tiled roof.
Two storeys plus attic; 3 gabled bays, the outer 2 advanced. Colure and form
give the facade to the road a character quite different from that of the more
freely treated garden front. Ground floor with a 4-light transomed window,
a narrow 3-light window and the door within a simple moulded surround and a
3-light transomed window. First floor with a 3-light windows, 2 cross-windows
and a small 2-light window within an arcade, as it were, with polychromatic
brick tympana and another 3-light window. All the windows, except one, with
leaded lights, more elaborate in their leading in the centre bay. In the
central gable two 2-light casements with leaded lights between bands of tile work.
Inside, the staircase leads up to a groin-vaulted bedroom passage.