You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 217056  

Print Page



© Mr J J Sheridan LRPS

IoE Number: 217056
Location: CHURCH OF ST CYPRIAN AND ST CHAD, THE FORDBROUGH B2
  BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Photographer: Mr J J Sheridan LRPS
Date Photographed: 15 June 2003
Date listed: 08 July 1982
Date of last amendment: 19 January 1983
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

In the entry for THE FORDROUGH 8/7 Bordesley Green B25 Church of St Cyprian and St Chad The address shall be amended to read THE FORDROUGH Hay Mills B2 Church of St Cyprian and St Chad ------------------------------------ THE FORDROUGH 1. 5104 Bordesley Green B25 Church of St Cyprian and St Chad SP 18 NW 8/7 II 2. Built by James Horsfall, mill owner, and at the entrance to his factory (now Webster and Horsfall Limited). 1873-4, by Martin and Chamberlain. Red brick with a minimum use of black brick and stone dressings; tile roof. Nave with big plate tracery clerestory windows and low, narrow aisles whose bays are demarcated each by buttresses and a single lancet window, a SW porch tower with slated broach spire with 2 tiers of lucarnes, and the SE Horsfall mortuary chapel. In the tympanum above the entrance, a sculpture of the transfiguration or perhaps the Ascension. Inside, a set of excellent stained glass windows and the font, a white marble angel holding a large shell, by S Ruddock, and the monument, too, of Horsfall's daughter, Mrs Mary Sims + 1897.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.