You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 217164  

Print Page



© Mr Peter Garratt

IoE Number: 217164
Location: THE REST HOUSE, THE GREEN B30
  BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Photographer: Mr Peter Garratt
Date Photographed: 17 October 2001
Date listed: 21 January 1970
Date of last amendment: 21 January 1970
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

THE GREEN5104Bournville B30The Rest HouseSP 0481 SW 55/121.1.70

THE GREEN 1. 5104 Bournville B30 The Rest House SP 0481 SW 55/1 21.1.70 II GV 2. Erected 1914 to commemorate the Silver Wedding of Mr and Mrs George Cadbury the previous year. By W Alexander Harvey. Brick with stone dressings; tiled roof. Modelled on the Farm Market, Dunster, Somerset, but closed not open. Octagonal with 3-light mullioned windows with, above, projecting gables with 2-light mullioned windows. The 2 tiers of windows are separated by deeply overhanging eaves supported on brackets. The steep-pitched roof is surmounted by a small glazed lantern with elaborate metal weathervane.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.