You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 217166  

Print Page



© Mr Peter Garratt

IoE Number: 217166
Location: OLD GRAMMAR SCHOOL ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE CHURCHYARD TO THE CHURCH OF ST NICHOLAS, THE GREEN B38 (north side)
  BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Photographer: Mr Peter Garratt
Date Photographed: 16 October 2001
Date listed: 25 April 1952
Date of last amendment: 25 April 1952
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

THE GREEN5104(north-west side)Kings Norton B38Old Grammar School onthe north side of the

THE GREEN 1. 5104 (north-west side) Kings Norton B38 Old Grammar School on the north side of the churchyard to the Church of St Nicholas SP 0478 NE 58/2 25.4.52 II* 2. Probably built as the priest's house to St Nicholas's Church. Early C15 altered. Stone plinth; ground floor brick with stone quoins; first floor half-timbered. Two storeys; 3 bays, the centre one advanced, gabled and containing the porch. Ground floor apparently underbuilt when the porch was added probably in the late C16. All windows mullioned, in stone on the ground floor and in wood on the first. On the right hand return, a window with rusticated tracery. To the left, a modern staircase of C1910. Inside, some simple C17 panelling and the roof of 3 trusses forming 2 centred arches.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.