© Mr J J Sheridan LRPS
THE OLD CROWN PUBLIC HOUSE, HIGH STREET B12
BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Mr J J Sheridan LRPS
04 September 2000
25 April 1952
Date of last amendment:
08 July 1982
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
The Old Crown Public House
and Nos 186, 187 and 188
(formerly listed as Crown
SP 08 NE 7/54 25.4.52
Claimed to date from 1368 but more probably early C16. Timber framed with plaster
infill; tile roof. Two storeys (and always so), the upper one jettied; 5 bays, the
centre on an advanced and gabled porch wing, coved and carried on simple modillion
brackets, the outer 2 with larger though less advanced gables with carved bressummers.
The ground floor with a central large entrance, public house windows on the left and 2
shop windows and doors on the right. First floor windows all C19 3-light each outer
gable and one either side of the porch.