You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 217386  

Print Page

© Mr Walter Chinn

IoE Number: 217386
Photographer: Mr Walter Chinn
Date Photographed: 27 July 2006
Date listed: 21 January 1970
Date of last amendment: 08 July 1982
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

LYTTLETON ROAD5104Ladywood B16Parish Church of St Augustine(formerly listed asChurch of St Augustine under

LYTTLETON ROAD 1. 5104 Ladywood B16 Parish Church of St Augustine (formerly listed as Church of St Augustine under St Augustine's Road, Edgbaston) 21.1.70 SP 08 NW 6/32 II* 2. 1868, by J A Chatwin. Rook-faced sandstone with limestone banding; tile roof. Aisled and clerestoreyed nave, transepts, altered lean-to porch. Tower and spire of 1876. Tall 2-light windows, crocketted pinnacles. A corona marks the transition between tower and slender spire. Clerestorey of spherical triangles with alternating tracery in cinque - and sex-foils. Aisles buttressed and with 3-light windows with cinquefoils in the tracery. North-east vestry with tall pavilion-type roof. Chancel with polygonal east end and buttresses with 2 set-offs and gables. Two-light window with varying tracery. The interior of ashlar and with much rich carving.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.