You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 217497  

Print Page



© Mr Walter Chinn

IoE Number: 217497
Location: CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ST AMBROSE, PERSHORE ROAD B5
  BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Photographer: Mr Walter Chinn
Date Photographed: 27 June 2006
Date listed: 08 July 1982
Date of last amendment: 08 July 1982
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

PERSHORE ROAD5104Edgbaston B5Church of St Maryand St AmbroseSP 08 SE 12/36

PERSHORE ROAD 1. 5104 Edgbaston B5 Church of St Mary and St Ambrose SP 08 SE 12/36 SP 0684 NE 51/36 II 2. 1897-98 by J A Chatwin. A large church with north-west tower and spire and apsidal west baptistry, built of bright red brick and deep red terracotta dressings and details, in a Decorated style. Mullions, tracery, pinnacles and finials all in crisply modelled terracotta. Nave aisles and chancel, short transepts. Clerestory above terracotta faced arcades.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.