You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 217524  

Print Page



© Mr J J Sheridan LRPS

IoE Number: 217524
Location: HAY HALL (REYNOLDS TUBE COMPANY LIMITED), REDFERN ROAD B11
  BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Photographer: Mr J J Sheridan LRPS
Date Photographed: 23 March 2003
Date listed: 25 April 1952
Date of last amendment: 25 April 1952
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

REDFERN ROAD5104Tyseley B11Hay Hall(Reynolds Tube CompanyLimited)

REDFERN ROAD 1. 5104 Tyseley B11 Hay Hall (Reynolds Tube Company Limited) SP 18 SW 13/5 25.4.52 II 2. A sub manor of the Esle family. Originally, probably a C15 open hall with cross-wings at either end. This was ceiled and refaced in brick and stone in the C16. What was originally the back of the house but is now the front was rebuilt soon after a fire in 1810, and the house was restored and further altered for its present purpose in 1948. Entrance facade. Brick; tile roof. Two storeys plus attic; 5 bays, the centre 3 advanced somewhat. Ground floor with a broad segment-headed window, a tripartite sash window with dripmould, the modern door beneath a dripmould incorporating a shield and another tripartite sash and broad segment-headed window. First floor with a sash with blank pointed arch above, 3 sashes (of 4-, 3- and 4-panes wide) beneath dripmoulds and another sash with pointed arch above. Rear facade. Partly of brick with diaperwork and partly of exposed timber-finding with plaster infill. Six bays, the second and the fifth and sixth projecting somewhat and the first projecting yet further. Bay 1 is wholly of circa 1948. Bay 2 is the original 2-storeyed timber porch, gabled and now with a modern door set in the blocked entrance arch. Bay 3 has a round floor broad tripartite segment-headed window with, above, a renewed mullioned window and a transomed window whose gable projects above the eaves. Bay 4 is represented by a tripartite window with leaded lights. Bays 5 and 6 have stone quoins left and right and 2 much renewed 4-light window with a 3-light window with leaded lights in the small gable above. On the left-hand return, an original 2-light C16 window with leaded lights. The right hand return is of 3 gabled bays with, between the bays, on the left, a broad chimney and, on the right, a 2-storeyed gabled projection with door.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.