© Mr Walter Chinn
CANNON HILL HOUSE, CANNON HILL PARK B5
BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Mr Walter Chinn
27 June 2006
08 July 1982
Date of last amendment:
08 July 1982
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
5104 Edgbaston B16
(Cannon Hill House)
SP 08 SE 12/43
Circa 1830-40 substantial 2 storey stucco faced villa with 5 bay north entrance
front. Ground floor channelled, the grooves struck into segmental arches of
shallow recessed panels containing the full length ground floor sash windows.
First floor moulded sill course. The front is framed by quoin pilasters and
frieze in same plane. Deep flat eaves to hipped slate roof with 4 pedimented
dormers. Stucco corniced chimneys. Large double columned Greek Doric porch
in second bay from right with deep plain entablature. Double doors of 8 moulded
panels in architrave case. Glazing bar sashes to both floors, those on first
floor have surrounds with friezes end cornices and with small pediment above
the porch. West return front of 3 bays has similar details but with plaster strips
dividing the first floor window bays, ground floor window retain original
louvred shutters. Plain red brick service wing to side amd rear.
The grounds now form Cannon Hill Park.