You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 217594  

Print Page


No Image Available

IoE Number: 217594
Location: PARISH CHURCH OF THE ASCENSION, SCHOOL ROAD B13
  BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Photographer: N/A
Date Photographed: N/A
Date listed: 25 April 1952
Date of last amendment: 08 July 1982
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SCHOOL ROAD5104Selly Park B13Parish Church of theAscension

SCHOOL ROAD 1. 5104 Selly Park B13 Parish Church of the Ascension (formerly listed as Church of the Holy Trinity under Hall Green) SP 18 SW 13/6 25.4.52 II* 2. Dated 1704 and possibly by Sir William Wilson; altered. Red brick with stone dressings. Of the C18 the lower part of the projecting west tower and the nave, 3 bays long demarcated by giant Roman Doric pilasters carrying an entablature and balustrade. Arched windows in moulded stone surrounds with impost blocks and keystones. Quoins at the angles. In 1860 chancel and transepts were added in the same style as the C18 work. Also probably of 1860 the upper part of the tower with its octagonal brick turret with copper cupola. Interior with coved ceiling, simple C18 pulpit and painted early C19 Royal Arms.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.