You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 217663  

Print Page



© Mr Peter Garratt

IoE Number: 217663
Location: ERDINGTON ABBEY (ST THOMAS AND ST EDMUND OF CANTERBURY), SLITTON ROAD
  BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Photographer: Mr Peter Garratt
Date Photographed: 16 July 2006
Date listed: 21 January 1970
Date of last amendment: 08 July 1982
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

SUTTON ROAD5104Erdington B23Erdington Abbey[formerly listed asErdington Abbey

SUTTON ROAD 1. 5104 Erdington B23 Erdington Abbey [formerly listed as Erdington Abbey (S. S. Thomas and Edmund of Canterbury) under Slitton Road] SP 19 SW 4/16 21.1.70 II GV 2. Begun in 1880, the north-east range linking with the church by A E Dempster. Sober stone elevation of 2 storeys and attic in steep gable end slate roof. Gables and lucarne dormers. Simple grouped lancet light windows. Extended 1896-98 in a similar plain style but with a lofty, square, buttressed tower to the desings of Harry Haigh, nephew of the founder. Further plain enlargement in 1904 including the south-west wing.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.