© Mr Geoff Dowling ARPS
ALBERT CHAMBERS, TEMPLE STREET B2
BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Mr Geoff Dowling ARPS
14 August 1999
08 July 1982
Date of last amendment:
08 July 1982
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
5104 City Centre B2
SP 0686 NE 33/36
Mid C19, altered in the late C19. Ground floor of yellow tiles with some
green and brown decorative work; upper storeys stuccoed. Three storeys;
3 bays, the outer 2 advanced and with boldly cut quoins left and right.
Ground floor with plasters carrying an entablature with mosaic frieze in
which 'Trpcadeo', garlands and 'Albert Chambers' and a dentilled cornice.
Within this framework is set a modern front between, on the left, an original
wide arched entrance flanked by columns with stained glass windows above
and, on the right, a subsidiary entrance to the chambers above. First
and second floors each with 4 windows, those of the first floor with a
moulded cornice running across their heads, those of the second floor with
moulded sills and, the centre 2, with big blocks above them. All window
sashes complete with glazing bars. Heavily bracketted moulded eaves cornice.
Only vestigial remains inside of the decoration of circa 1900.