You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 217750  

Print Page



© Dr John Davis

IoE Number: 217750
Location: THE MONUMENT (OBSERVATORY), MONUMENT ROAD
  BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Photographer: Dr John Davis
Date Photographed: 17 August 2000
Date listed: 25 April 1952
Date of last amendment: 08 July 1982
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

WATERWORKS ROAD Edgbaston B16 The Monument (Observatory) (formerly listed under Monument Road) 36/16 The grade shall be amended to read II* ------------------------------------ WATERWORKS ROAD Edgbaston B16 36/16 The Monument (Observatory) The last sentence in the description shall be deleted and replaced by the following: 'Interior: the top room has a complete Gothic plaster ceiling.' ------------------------------------ WATERWORKS ROAD 1. 5104 Edgbaston B16 The Monument (Observatory) (formerly listed under Monument Road) SP 0488 SE 36/16 25.4.52 II 2. 1758, and the folly of one John Perrot. Red brick; 6 storeys. Octagonal on a square base and with round stair turret attached. Single pointed window to each storey except the fifth, which has an oculus. The windows of the top storey within an arcade with stone dressings. Stone cornice and battlements. Now used as the Edgbaston Observatory of the University of Birmingham.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.