You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 217823  

Print Page



© Mr Peter Garratt

IoE Number: 217823
Location: CHURCH OF ST JOHN, WOOD STREET B16
  BIRMINGHAM, BIRMINGHAM, WEST MIDLANDS
Photographer: Mr Peter Garratt
Date Photographed: 21 August 1999
Date listed: 21 January 1970
Date of last amendment: 21 October 1970
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

WOOD STREET5104Ladywood B16Church of St JohnSP 08 NE 7/9521.1.70

WOOD STREET 1. 5104 Ladywood B16 Church of St John SP 08 NE 7/95 21.1.70 II 2. A large stone built church in a rather coarsely handed Decorated style. Main body of church, chancel and tower 1852-54 by S S Teuton. The chancel, aisles and transepts are J A Chatwin additions of 1881. Because of the shallowness of the polygonal chancel, the Chatwin additions diffuse emphasis on the east end, internally. West tower has battlements and pinnacles, south porch.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.