You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 221917  

Print Page



© Mr Alan Francis Polaine

IoE Number: 221917
Location: REMAINS OF DOMESTIC RANGE 140 METRES SOUTH OF ABBEY FARMHOUSE ACROSS RIVER NAR, CHURCH GREEN (south side)
  WEST ACRE, KINGS LYNN AND WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK
Photographer: Mr Alan Francis Polaine
Date Photographed: 31 March 2004
Date listed: 19 October 1951
Date of last amendment: 13 April 1987
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

WEST ACRE CHURCH GREEN (south side) TF 7815 10/49 Remains of domestic 19.10.51. range 140 metres south of Abbey Farmhouse across River Nar. (Formerly listed as Priory Gatehouse and remains in Abbey Farm buildings.) G.V. II Remains of detached domestic range of Priory of St. Mary and All Saints. Medieval, perhaps C14 and C15. Rectangular, 2 storey range. Flint, clunch, brick dressings. Possibly the theological school or "Schools for Sons of Gentlemen" mentioned in contemporary documents. Scheduled Ancient Monument, County Number 170. See F.H. Fairweather and H.L. Bradfer-Lawrence 'The Priory ...Westacre', Norfolk Archaeology, XXIII, 1929, pp. 359-394 (ref. p. 380-384).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.