© Mr Brian Pearson ARPS DPAGB
STABLE BLOCK ATTACHED TO NORTH OF DISSINGTON HALL,
PONTELAND, CASTLE MORPETH, NORTHUMBERLAND
Mr Brian Pearson ARPS DPAGB
10 August 1999
22 August 1986
Date of last amendment:
22 August 1986
The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.
NZ 17 SW
16/292 Stable block
attached to north
of Dissington Hall
Stable block. c.1794 extended and altered 1824 (date on rainwater head).
Ashlar with Lakeland slate roof; brick left range.
2-storey central block forms inner courtyard with 2 single-storey ranges linking
with service wings of house, and outer courtyard with 2 further ranges attached
to north side.
Inner courtyard: centre block 3 bays with round-headed carriage arch in pedimented
central bay; Venetian window over arch and clock in pediment; flanking half-
slatted windows. Brick single-storey range to left, stone to right with boarded
doors and 12-pane sashes; also one tripartite window.
Outer courtyard: centre block has irregular openings including 16-pane sashes
and Yorkshire sashes; also 2 segmental arches with boarded double doors. Single
storey 8-bay range to right has 2 boarded doors and 12-pane sashes. 2-storey
carriage house to rear has 2 segmental arches.