You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 240510  

Print Page



© Mr Bob Cottrell ARPS AFIAP DPAGB

IoE Number: 240510
Location: MINSTERACRES,
  HEALEY, TYNEDALE, NORTHUMBERLAND
Photographer: Mr Bob Cottrell ARPS AFIAP DPAGB
Date Photographed: 27 September 2002
Date listed: 15 April 1969
Date of last amendment: 18 June 1986
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

HEALEYMINSTERACRESNZ 05 NW10/140House (formerly listed15.4.69as Minsteracres)

HEALEY MINSTERACRES NZ 05 NW 10/140 House (formerly listed 15.4.69 as Minsteracres) GV II House, now monastery, 1758, for Silvertop family; 2nd floor added 1811 and north block 1865 (both with dated rainwater heads), more recent extensions to west. Squared tooled stone, tooled-and-margined on 2nd floor; slate roofs. C18 house L-plan. Entrance (south)front in 2 parts: at left is the end of the south wing, 3 storeys, 2 bays. Rusticated quoins, chamfered plinth, sill and 1st floor bands; moulded former eaves cornice below 2nd floor,which has stepped eaves cornice. Ground and 1st floor windows in architraves; later copy inserted between ground floor windows. Plate-glass sashes or C20 casements. Hipped roof. At right is the end of a loggia with paired Tuscan antae. At left is a 2-storey link to Chapel (q.v.). Right return of south wing 5 bays, similar fenestration above loggia, which has later glazing except in 1st bay. Stepped and corniced ridge stack with conjoined shafts. Right part of south front 7 bays, similar fenestration and detail except for glazed double doors in pedimented doorcase in bay 4 and C19 alteration to bays 6 and 7; tall sash window in moulded surround with pedimented hood on brackets. East front, 2 storeys, the lower taller, 8 bays. 4-bay left part has tripartite bay with Tuscan pilasters; projecting 4-bay right part has tall ground-floor sashes in moulded surrounds with pedimented hoods on brackets. North front 7 bays, 5-bay part to right projecting with large segmental bow. Later extensions to right not of interest. Interior: High Victorian decoration in Morning Room, Ballroom (former library) and Chapel (former dining room); painted gilded coffered ceilings; carved chimneypieces by Lough.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.