You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 241177  

Print Page

© Mr Trevor Sowray

IoE Number: 241177
Photographer: Mr Trevor Sowray
Date Photographed: 09 April 2002
Date listed: 23 November 1984
Date of last amendment: 23 November 1984
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

In the entry for:- SK 79 NE MISTERTON SOSS ROAD (east side) 3/93 South engine house and boundary wall GV II the grade shall be amended to read:II*(star) ------------------------------------ SK 79 NE MISTERTON SOSS ROAD (east side) 3/93 South engine house and boundary wall G.V. II Pumping engine house 1828. Brick with slate roof. Stone foundation wall, stone sills and lintels, moulded stone eaves band, stone coped gables. 2 storeys, 3 bays. West gable has, to left, single cast-iron glazing bar casement on either floor. Between floors, datestone inscribed 'These works erected 1828, Francis Raynes, George Kelk, William Gauntley (Commissioners), Alfred Smith, Engineer.' To right, square brick chimney stack on plain square base with plain stone coping, corbelled stone cap with acroteria. To north, lean-to brick wheelhouse with slate roof projecting over drain, and to north again, lean-to timber structure. Above, single glazing bar sash. Lean-to addition to south, brick with slate roof, has central doorway; above, 2 square unglazed openings. East gable has single glazing bar cast-iron light on each floor. Outside, curved brick boundary wall with stone coping, 2 pairs stone gatepiers, approx. 25M long in 2 sections.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.