You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 245670  

Print Page



© Mr Chris Tresise

IoE Number: 245670
Location: OSNEY ABBEY, MILL STREET (south side)
  OXFORD, OXFORD, OXFORDSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Chris Tresise
Date Photographed: 26 April 2006
Date listed: 12 January 1954
Date of last amendment: 12 January 1954
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

MILL STREET1485(South End)Osney AbbeySP 50 NW 24/6512.1.54.

MILL STREET 1. 1485 (South End) Osney Abbey SP 50 NW 24/65 12.1.54. II 2. The Augustinian Priory was founded 1129. All the buildings have been destroyed except a rubble and timber-framed structure which may be Cl5 in date; it has a queenpost roof (?C16) and a blocked 2-light window. Joined to it by a wall on the North-East is a stone C15 archway with a 4-centred head and moulded jambs. There is a commemorative plaque to Haggai of Oxford, martyred in 1222.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.