You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 247413  

Print Page



© Mr Richard Swynford-Lain

IoE Number: 247413
Location: THE ALMSHOUSE, 1 AND 2 THE STREET (west side)
  MAPLEDURHAM, SOUTH OXFORDSHIRE, OXFORDSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Richard Swynford-Lain
Date Photographed: 10 April 2003
Date listed: 24 October 1951
Date of last amendment: 24 October 1951
Grade II*

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

MAPLEDURHAMTHE STREETSU67NE(West side)9/195Nos. 1 and 2 The Almshouse24/10/51

MAPLEDURHAM THE STREET SU67NE (West side) 9/195 Nos. 1 and 2 The Almshouse 24/10/51 GV II* Almshouse, now two houses. Early C17 with C20 additions to rear. Red brick; plain tile roof; brick end stacks. Single storey; 6-window range. 2 plank doors to centre with 4-centre arch chamfered stone surrounds. Two 2-light moulded stone mullion leaded windows to left and right of centre. 2 plank doors to left and right of centre with 4-centre arch chamfered stone surrounds. 2-light moulded stone mullion leaded window to left and right. Interior not inspected. Archway to left. History: Built in 1629 under the terms of the will of Sir Charles Lister (d.1613) by his godson Lister Blount. (R.Williams: Mapledurham House Guide Book 1977).

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.