You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 260702  

Print Page



© Mr Derek Taylor

IoE Number: 260702
Location: PLATT MILL BRIDGE (THAT PART IN BASCHURCH CP), B 4397
  BASCHURCH, NORTH SHROPSHIRE, SHROPSHIRE
Photographer: Mr Derek Taylor
Date Photographed: 12 August 2004
Date listed: 25 April 1988
Date of last amendment: 25 April 1988
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

BASCHURCH C.P.B.4397SJ 42 SW15/7Platt Mill Bridge (that-part in Baschurch C.P.)GVII

BASCHURCH C.P. B.4397 SJ 42 SW 15/7 Platt Mill Bridge (that - part in Baschurch C.P.) GV II Shown on O.S. map as Platt Bridge. Bridge. 1791 by Edward Cureton. Regularly coursed and dressed red sandstone rubble. Twin segmental-headed arches with voussoirs and stepped cutwater. Flat string course slightly rising to centre. Circular corner piers. Long wing walls also terminating in circular corner piers. Small pierced flood arch to west side. Cureton was both designer and contractor for the construction of the bridge. Spans the River Perry, which here forms the boundary with Ruyton-XI-Towns C.P. Anthony Blackwall, Historic Bridges of Shropshire (1985), p. 24.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.