You are here: Home > Details for IoE Number: 260719  

Print Page

© Mr Derek Taylor

IoE Number: 260719
Photographer: Mr Derek Taylor
Date Photographed: 12 August 2004
Date listed: 25 April 1988
Date of last amendment: 25 April 1988
Grade II

The Images of England website consists of images of listed buildings based on the statutory list as it was in 2001 and does not incorporate subsequent amendments to the list. For the statutory list and information on the current listed status of individual buildings please go to The National Heritage List for England.

BASCHURCH C.P.MILFORDSJ 42 SW15/20Milford Bridge (that-part in Baschurch C.P.)GVII

BASCHURCH C.P. MILFORD SJ 42 SW 15/20 Milford Bridge (that - part in Baschurch C.P.) GV II Bridge. 1831. Thomas Stanton, engineer. Tooled red sandstone ashlar. Two segmental arches with stepped voussoirs, impost bands, and central semi-circular cutwaters. Curved wing walls with square end piers, string course, and plain parapet with rounded top. Parapet of large stone blocks with herringbone tooling. The contract for the building of the bridge was awarded to Nathaniel Edwards. Thomas Stanton was deputy to Thomas Telford, the County Surveyor of Bridges. Milford Bridge carries the Little Ness - Baschurch road over the River Perry, and part of it stands within Little Ness C.P. Anthony Blackwall, Historic Bridges of Shropshire (1985), p. 27.

Please note that the inclusion of a listed building on this website does not mean it is open to the public.